Multiple national organizations are engaged in ongoing efforts to develop, implement and evaluate prehospital evidence-based guidelines (EBGs). The National Prehospital Evidence-Based Guidelines Strategy developed by the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP) with the involvement of 57 stakeholder organizations recognized a need to develop sustainable relationships among stakeholders and facilitate collaborative prehospital EBG efforts. The first proposed action of the Strategy was the creation of a Prehospital Guidelines Consortium (PGC) representing national medical and EMS organizations that have an interest in prehospital EBGs and their benefits to patient outcomes.
- Promote EMS EBG development research
- Promote the development of EMS EBGs
- Promote education related to EMS EBGs
- Promote implementation of EMS EBGs
- Promote standardized evaluation methods for EMS EBGs
- Promote funding for EMS EBGs-related projects
Access COVID-19 resource pages from member organizations and other partners here.